Genshin Impact's development team continues to expand Teyvat with new areas, characters, and exciting events and stories, one up date at a time. While Version 2.5 just dropped, there's a lot to be excited about in the upcoming Version 2.6 update, which players expect to be huge!
Check out this compilation of leaked content that's expected to drop in the next update. But remember: take leaks with a grain of salt and know that changes between the beta server and actual release aren't uncommon.
Genshin Impact 2.6 Release Date
Genshin Impact's Version 2.6 update is scheduled for Mar. 30, 2022. This is subject to change but falls in line with the game's attempt to roll out a consistent six-week update period.
This is our tentative road map of when the updates should be released. Anything after Version 2.6 is purely guesswork based on the game's six-week update schedule so far, as HoYoverse has not released another roadmap.
- Version Update 2.6 - Sceduled for Mar. 30, 2022, and will run until May 11, 2022.
- Version Update 2.7 - Sceduled for May 11, 2022, and will run until June 22, 2022.
- Version Update 2.8 - Sceduled for June 22, 2022, and will run until Aug. 3, 2022.
Kamisato Ayato—Five-Star Hydro Sword
Genshin Impact has confirmed that Kamisato Ayato, the head of the Yashiro Commission and Kamisato Ayaka's older brother, will be released in Version 2.6. He's a five-star Hydro sword user who can create doppelganger-like images of himself with his Elemental Skill and a field of Hydro flowers with his Burst. His banner placement and accompanying four-stars are currently unknown, but some speculate he may occupy the first half.
Yelan—Five-Star Hydro Bow
Yelan's in-game model was batched together with the Version 2.6 beta files, but she is currently not known to be released for testing. As a result, the information circulating around her is extremely unreliable. Leakers believe that she may be a five-star Hydro bow user and that she may appear in a later update—most likely in Version 2.7.
Suspicious Character Leaks Beyond Version 2.6
Some leakers have suggested that Version 2.7 may house the last batch of new five-star character drops before 3.0, with 2.8 being a dedicated full rerun patch. However, with months before these updates drop, the information could very well change in the near future.
Speculative characters who may come out before (or after) the Sumeru update include:
- Nilou—a character with the "girl" body type (similar to Hu Tao, Yanfei, Keqing). Her name suggests she may be a Sumeru character.
- Kuki Shinobu—a daughter of a Shrine Maiden family who decided to live life on her own accord. She's a member of the Arataki Gang and boasts a Liyue education. She is speculated to be a four-star and may release alongside Yelan in Version 2.7.
- Shikanoin Heizou—a detective from Inazuma who works for the Yashiro Commission. He's speculated to be a four-star character and may release in Version 2.8 as the last currently known Inazuma character.
Genshin Impact has confirmed that Version 2.6's first banners will feature the new character, Kamisato Ayato, as well as a rerun of the Anemo Archon, Venti. They will run concurrently with shared pity, but with two separate banners. Meanwhile, the second half will be occupied by Kamisato Ayaka alone.
See below for the new weapon that's expected to drop in Version 2.6. Keep in mind that it hasn't been confirmed, so don't take the information as final.
Haran Tsukishiro Futsu
- Five-star sword that visually matches Kamisato Ayato and is expected to be his best-in-slot weapon.
- Attack: 46 to 608
- Substat: Crit Rate (7.2 to 33.1 percent)
- Passive: The wielder obtains 12/15/18/21/24-percent All Elemental Damage Bonus. When another nearby party member's Normal Attack hits opponents, the character equipping this weapon will gain one stack of Wavespike, maxing at five stacks. This effect can be triggered once every 0.3 seconds. When the character equipping this weapon uses an Elemental Skill, all attacks of Wavespike will be consumed to gain Ripping Upheaval. Each stack of Wavespike consumed will increase Normal Attack Damage by 8/10/12/14/16 percent for eight seconds.
New Major Quests
Leakers have discovered two major quests that may drop in Version 2.6.
- Kamisato Ayato's Story Quest, the Cypressus Custos Chapter: Act I
- The new Archon Quest, Requiem of the Echoing Depths, will feature Dainsleaf and the Traveler investigating ancient ruins together.
New Artifact Sets
New Artifact Sets will be dropping in Version 2.6. They will be farmable in Artifact Domains located in The Chasm. Moreover, leaks suggest that they may replace the Gladiator's Finale and Wanderer's Troupe in the Domain Reliquary: Tier II rewards from the Spiral Abyss.
- Two-piece: Attack +18 percent
- Four-piece: After using an Elemental Burst, the wielder will gain the Nascent Light effect, increasing their Attack by eight percent for 16 seconds. When the character's HP decreases, their Attack will further increase by 10 percent. This can occur a maximum of four times, and the effect can be triggered once every 0.8 seconds. Nascent Light will be dispelled when the wielder leaves the field. If an Elemental Burst is used again within the duration of Nascent Light, the original Nascent Light will be dispelled.
Echoes of an Offering
- Two-piece: Attack +18 percent
- Four-piece: When Normal Attacks hit opponents, there is a 36-percent chance that it will trigger Valley Rite, which increases Normal Attack Damage by 70 percent of Attack. This effect will be dispelled 0.05 seconds after a Normal Attack deals Damage. If a Normal Attack fails to trigger Vaklley Rite, the odds of it triggering the next time will be increased by 20 percent. This can occur once every 0.2 seconds.
New Area: The Chasm
It's confirmed that The Chasm will release in Version 2.6. While HoYoverse dropped some compelling hints during the Version 2.5 livestream, leakers have unearthed more details that could possibly arrive in the next update.
- The Chasm may have two layers: one aboveground and one underground. The structural relationship is similar to Watatsumi Island and Enkanomiya.
- The Chasm may feature a new Seelie color, but it's expected to function similarly to the existing blue Seelie.
- A new source of Raw Meat, the Bluethunder Marten, may make an appearance. It looks like a blue ferrett with glowing paws. A friendly-looking Lucklight Bug, which looks like a round, flying bug, may also appear all over the region. Both are likely to be catchable.
- Recent leaks discovered an upside-down structure within The Chasm. Additionally, a story leak mentions Khaenri'ah, which could possibly connect with the upside-down structure (similar to the upside-down Statue of The Seven), but nothing concrete has been released.
The Lumenstone Adjuvant has been leaked to be a structure similar to the Sacred Sakura. Feeding it Lumenstone Ore and Lumenspar will increase its level and unlock exploration mechanisms, such as lighting up certain areas, marking nearby collectibles, triggering mechanisms, etc. Some leaked rewards include a Crown of Insight and some Acquaint and Intertwined Fates.
- Black Serpent Knight: Windcutter - large, armored enemy that takes a humanoid form.
- Floating Moldbeast - a small, fungal enemy.
World Boss: Ruin Serpent
HoYoverse has confirmed the appearance of the Ruin Serpent, which is expected to be a giant Ruin Sentinel-like creature. Leaks suggest that it may be a World Boss.
- The scenery brightness setting is being tested in the Version 2.6 beta, so it may release in-game.
- Turkish and Italian localizations may come in Version 2.6. These will only affect in-game text—not voice lines.
- Mobile players will be able to tap and hold party members in the overworld to bring up the party setup menu.
- The tutorial icon will now constantly show up on screen for new players.
This event has been leaked to be similar to the recent A Study in Potions event. There are six battle stages, with two chambers within each. It's possible to slot in three triggers and effects (subject to change) and pre-picked trial characters that pair well with the corresponding buffs.
- Stage one: Raiden Shogun, Venti
- Stage two: Yoimiya, Kamisato Ayato
- Stage three: Yae, Raiden Shogun
- Stage four: Sangonomiya Kokomi, Kaedehara Kazuha
- Stage five: Arataki Itto, Albedo
- Stage six: Mona, Kamisato Ayaka
A post by u/ukrisreng in r/Genshin_Impact_Leaks revealed leaked images of the Irodori Festival, which has been confirmed to be one of the larger events to drop in Version 2.6. Set in Inazuma, the event will feature a colorful cast of characters across all three nations: Albedo, Kaedehara Kazuha, Kamisato Ayaka, Kamisato Ayato, Klee, Kujou Sara, Venti, Xingqiu, Yae Miko.
Albedo and Xingqiu's involvement may be connected to the banners in the leaked images, which feature the artwork in A Legend of Sword—a book Xingqiu wrote and Albedo illustrated. The setup looks similar to a book-signing event, but nothing has been confirmed. Additionally, Xingqiu is confirmed to be the free four-star character reward.
Raiden Shogun plushies will go on sale at the Irodori Festival, but it's unclear whether they will be distributed to players. The event is expected to be centered around the following mini-games:
- Moons and Stars Inscribed—poetry event where players must gain poethic themes and submit hints to a Commissioner to compose lines of poetry.
- Theater Mechanicus—a rerun of Genshin Impact's classic tower defense game, but with new mechanics.
- Kendo—this is a swordfighting event where you must fight with traditional kendo skills by mastering basics like the parry.
- Ikebana—a flower arrangement event sponsored by Kamisato Ayaka, where you must decorate a flower courtyard.
Outside the Canvas, Inside the Lens
An illustrator named Asagiri is searching for inspiration for her illustrations. In this confirmed event, your job is to take photos of landscapes all over Teyvat according to Asagiri's instructions.
Spices from the West
A cooking event has been confirmed to appear in Version 2.6. It will involve an academic from Sumeru who's researching spices. Players must discover recipes and blend the correct spices, which can be offered to Serenitea Pot Companions based on their preferences.
Ley Line Overflow Rerun
The classic Ley Line Overflow event is going to make a return, allowing players to farm double the Mora and Hero's Wits.
While Version 2.6 brings a ton of excitement in the air, don't forget that there's a big event happening in-game in Version 2.5 right now. Check out our guide on How to complete the Three Realms Gateway Offering: Aftermath Event Quest in Genshin Impact to participate.