Adding mods and custom content to your Sims game is at the core of the fanbase, whether it be adding some cute clothes or enabling a mod that wreaks havoc over your save file. The Extreme Violence Mod created by Sacrificial is definitely more of the latter.
How to download and install the Extreme Violence Mod for Sims 4
The Extreme Violence mod for The Sims 4 is relatively easy to install to the game, especially if you have installed other mods before. Follow these quick steps:
- Make sure your Sim's game and whatever client it uses (Steam, Origin, etc.) is up to date.
- Go to the Downloads page on Sacrificial's site. Scroll down until you see the Extreme Violence Mod (pictured above).
- Click on the title above the skull to start the .zip download.
- Extract the .zip file into your mods folder. This can be found through PC>Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 4>Mods. You can place these files in a new folder of your own title, but do not create a folder within that one, as mods only work going one folder deep.
- Start your game, and make sure to enable both Custom Content and Script Mods. You'll need to restart the game after saving these settings if they were not previously on.
- You're free to play with your mod now!
Related: Best Sims 4 Mods in 2022
Is the Extreme Violence Mod inappropriate?
The definition of inappropriate and appropriate can vary depending on the type of person asking the question. That being said, the Extreme Violence Mod for The Sims 4 would generally be considered inappropriate for children. Sims can act out illegal activities, kill other Sims in graphic ways, and much more.
There is a lot of blood and gore in this mod, so we'd say at a minimum this would not be appropriate for any audience younger than teens. As always, use your own discretion and decide whether or not this mod is appropriate for you.
Want to read more about The Sims 4? Check out How to play the 100 Baby Challenge in The Sims 4 on Pro Game Guides.